Title: How do I order a printer and setup the integration between Flipdish and Star Micronics?
- You will need a Star Micronics printer that is compatible with the integration. You can order one of our recommended options from https://shop.flipdish.com/collections/star-printers or below is a list of compatible printers which you can also order from Star Micronics approved retailers:
- You will need internet access for the device and depending on the model you may also need direct ethernet access for the printer to work.
- You will also need a laptop or computer that can also connect to the same local network to configure the device when you receive it.
Ensure you have a compatible Star Micronics Printer available to connect with Flipdish. If you do not own a compatible printer and would like to purchase one then you can do so through the Flipdish website.
Contact your Customer Success Manager (Account Manager) and advise them that you would like to use the Star Micronics x Flipdish integration and they will ensure you can access it via your portal.
Once you have received your printer and a response from your Customer Success Manager (Account Manager)- go to your Flipdish portal and navigate to the App Store option in the menu bar. Select the Star Micronics app and begin to set up your integration.
- Stores - the stores you would like the printer to receive orders from. This can be all stores, multiple or a single store depending on your preference.
- Printer Password - choose a password that you will use when setting up the printer in later steps. This helps us connect the printer you are using to your portal.
- Reject order on error creating receipt - if the printer fails to print a receipt then you may not realize that the order has been sent by the customer. You can choose to automatically reject the order if your printer is giving errors but we recommend you keep this setting off.
- Auto accept - if you don't want to manually accept your incoming orders and are not using an existing POS integration, middleware or terminal then you can choose for the printer to auto-accept the order for you.
- Number of minutes ETA - If you choose to use auto-accept then you need to choose what lead time in minutes you need to prepare the order. This is so that customers that order online are given an accurate ETA when the order is accepted.
- Send pre-orders instantly - if you have pre-orders turned on for your store then you might want those orders to only print when the food needs to be prepared. For example, if you receive a pre-order for the next day - you can choose whether this order receipt is printed immediately or only when the order needs to be prepared the next day.
- # of minutes before sending pre-orders - if you choose to not always send pre-orders immediately then you need to select the number of minutes in advance of the collection/delivery time that you would like the order to automatically print.
- Turn off the printer.
- On the front, press and hold the FEED button, and while tapping the Power button turn on the printer.
- Once the printer starts printing paper, you may release the FEED button.
- The printer will print two separate items. Wait to tear until the second piece comes out.
- At the bottom of the second printout, you will see the IP Address. Take note of this for the following steps.
Note: If you try to get the printer's IP address and the receipt paper prints with 0.0.0.0. it means the printer isn't connected to the local network or the network port isn't connected.
Connect your laptop to the same local network using an ethernet cable, once connected enter the IP address (example: 192.168.1.113), which you confirmed in the previous section, in the address entry field of the Web browser such as Safari. This accesses the target printer and opens the Web Configuration screen of the printer.
Open [Login] from the menu displayed on the left side of the settings screen or from the menu button displayed on the upper-left side. Login name: root / Password: Log in using [the changed password or default password (public)].
Note: The default login name and password are as follows:
If you want to change the printer settings, the default password has to be changed.
- Enable Cloud Print
- Enter the password you added in Step 3 as the password
- Enter the ID you took from the URL in Step 4 as the username.
- In the URL, paste this URL - https://integrationhub.flipdish.com//integration/starmicronics-cloudprnt/flipdish-printer
- Choose 3 seconds as the polling interval
- In HTTPS setting select the third option (accept all)
- Click save and enable
- Your printer should restart
Head back to the App Store, click on the App you installed previously and select enable.
Place a test order to ensure the printer is successfully received your Flipdish orders. If this doesn't work please contact customer support and they will help you through the setup process
Note: If at any point you want to change the printer settings, you can simply go to your portal, head to the App Store, and change the settings of the Star Micronics app that you installed and click save & enable.
Note: If you would like to disable the connection then you can also head to the App Store and click disable on the App you installed.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enroll for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/