What is it?
For the past number of months, we've been hard at work building an entirely new product and menu system for the Flipdish platform. We've taken everything we've learned about what you need from your digital food menus over the last 6 years, and built a scaleable, performant, easy-to-use self-serve system for managing all of your product and menu needs.
During the first half of 2022, we'll be migrating all existing menus over to our new product-based system. This will mean there are some new ways of doing things like managing prices or changing item names etc, but we'll cover all of that below.
Changing workflows isn't always ideal, but we're confident that once you see the changes (and the new features that are coming), you'll agree that all the effort was worth it.
What are the benefits?
- Easier and more manageable POS integrations (mapping - Q3-Q4 2022)
- Less duplication
- Changing one product instead of many (reducing duplicates)
- Multiple prices and tax rates on a single product
- Foundation for new features (coming soon)
- Nutritional information
- Pre-selected options
- Better/easier reporting
- Better self-serve of all things menu and product
Do I need to do anything?
In a word - no! We'll manage this process for you and transition you from the current system over to the new, more efficient system.
What's going to change?
You'll see some new pages in your Flipdish Portal for managing your catalog of products, modifiers and groups. From now on, this is where you'll do things like:
- Creating and updating products learn more
- Managing what modifiers (aka options) appear for what products learn more
- Adding products to menus
What's not changing?
Some things aren't changing for now, such as:
- Image size management. You'll still determine if a product displays a large or small image at the menu level, not product level.
- Managing item visibility. You can still bulk show/hide menu items with the existing feature. You can also manage item visibility individually at the menu level
My menu is integrated, what does this mean for me?
If you use a service like Deliverect or Otter for managing your menu in Flipdish channels, you can continue to do so. Nothing will immediately change in that regard, and when it does, we'll work with those platforms on a migration strategy.
Who do I ask for help?
You can always reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any query, or whoever is your primary point of contact.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enroll for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/