This article is part of the "How to create an Apple developer account for your Flipdish iOS App" process.
8. PAYING FOR YOUR APPLE DEVELOPER ACCOUNT
Apple charges an annual $99 USD fee to maintain your developer account. For clients outside the United States, this fee will vary by location and local currency.
Once your receive the confirmation email, please follow the below:
- Click the link enclosed in the email.
- Log in to the App Store with your Apple ID.
- Accept the terms and conditions and click Continue.
- After confirming your info, please check the Automatic Renewal option to enroll in a yearly renewal and proceed. - Pay for the enrollment.
NOTE: We strongly recommend enrolling in automatic renewal. Failure to pay the annual fee on time may result in Apple pulling your app from the App Store.
You will have enrolled successfully in the Apple Developer Program once you see the "Thank you" screen.
You will then receive the welcome emails from Apple and a payment confirmation email as well as your invoice, a few days later.
You may experience an issue where you are trying to pay with your credit card but when placing the order, you would get a red error on the next page 'Payment authorization failed'. In this case, we invite you to:
- Contact your bank to make sure that they let you pay for the Apple enrollment. Sometimes the transaction could be flagged as suspicious by their fraud department and it won’t go through. Please tell your bank that you will be submitting a payment to Apple for €99. They will then mark it as allowed on their end.
- Check your billing address linked to your credit card and make sure it is correct and that there is no typo/mismatch on the Apple checkout page when you are entering that billing address. Also please check that your email address is the correct one.
NOTE: If the above doesn't help, please contact Apple Support.
- The next step is "Inviting Flipdish as ADMIN to your Apple account".