What is a modifier group?
In a nutshell, a modifier group is a "question" and the modifiers are the potential "answers". Let's look at some examples.
A modifier group for a pizza might be a "toppings" group. The question in this case would be "What toppings would you like?"
The answers would be "Pepperoni", "Chicken", and/or "Pineapple" (controversial!).
Another example might be letting your customers choose between a toasted and untoasted sandwich.
The group would be "Would you like your sandwich toasted?", and the possible answers would be "Yes, please", and "No, thank you".
How to create a modifier group
- In your Flipdish portal, navigate to your "Modifier Groups" page
- Select "Create new modifier group"
- You'll be brought to a page where you can configure your new modifier group
- Give the modifier group a name
- Click save
Congratulations - you've created your first modifier group.
Adding modifiers to a modifier group
Adding modifiers to a group is quick and easy
- Select the modifier group to edit by clicking on it
- Select "Add Modifier" to reveal the side panel
- Search for the modifier you'd like to add to the group using the search input, or by scrolling the list of available modifiers
- Click the "+" button to add the modifier to the group
- Close the side panel by clicking "Close", or clicking the main content of the page, or by pressing the "ESC" key.
- Click save to save your changes
Modifier group settings explained
There are a number of settings that can be configured on a modifier group.
- One item - selection is optional: Your customers will be able to select one item and no more, but can also select none and proceed with their order
- Any number - selection is optional: Your customers will be able to select one or more modifiers, but can also select none and proceed with their order
- One item - selection is required: Your customers must select one item and no more. They will not be able to proceed with their order until they make a selection
- Any number - selection is required: Your customers must select at least one modifier, but can also select more. They will not be able to proceed with their order until they make a selection
- Other: This lets you manually configure the minimum and maximum values that you'd like to allow your customers to make.
Creating cross-sell groups
For cross-selling items in your menu, you can create modifier groups that contain products.
To create such a group, follow the steps above to create a modifier group. Then, when selecting modifiers to add to the group, simply select the products you'd like to cross-sell.
Note: Only products that do not have modifier groups attached to them can be added as cross-sells.