Learn how to make the collection of customer phone numbers an optional step in the kiosk order flow
Access to Flipdish portal
There are two options to collect phone numbers from customers when they place an order through a kiosk. One way is to make this process compulsory and the other way is to make this an optional step. If made optional, your customers would be able to skip the phone number collection step and place an order.
To make customer phone number an optional step:
- Log in to your Flipdish portal
- Select "Stores" from the menu on left
- Select the store where you want to make the changes
- Select "Store kiosk settings"
- Open the "Request phone number" drawer
- Make sure the kiosk where you would like to make phone number collection optional has the "Request phone number" feature toggled on.
- Select "Optional - Customer can skip this step and place an order without providing a phone number"
Once this option is selected, your customers will see a "skip" button in the phone number collection step of the order flow.
Note: By providing the phone number, your customer gives consent to receive communications from Flipdish including but not limited to communications concerning orders placed through Flipdish's platform. To opt-out of the promotional messages, your customer has the option to reply "STOP" from the mobile device receiving the messages.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enroll for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/