Learn how to set up your T2 15" Kiosk by watching this video or reading the guide below.
- Inspect the box and contents for any damage.
- Please escalate to the Flipdish team (email@example.com) if there is any damage to the device or the box itself after it has arrived.
Each T2 kiosk should come with the following parts:
- * Correct plug for its locality USA.
- * Transformer.
- * 80mm Thermal printing paper.
- *BBPOS Chipper/ Card reader.
- *Sticky pad for the back of card reader
- * Charger for the BBPOS Chipper/card reader.
- * Mount for the BBPOS Chipper/card reader.
- * T2 Kiosk with Flipdish branding.
- Remove all parts from the box and check the screen to make sure no damage before setting upon the client's premises.
- There must be Flipdish branded stickers on both sides of the T2 kiosk. Please escalate to the Flipdish team (firstname.lastname@example.org) if this branding is not in place.
- Connect the power cable to the appropriate port. (leftmost port on the left image below)
- Connect an ethernet cable to the appropriate port. (third port from the left as seen in the left image below) [THIS IS THE RECOMMENDED SETUP]
- When the device is plugged in please press and hold the power button to turn on the device. (as seen in the image on the right)
- The screen will power on.
- Press the arrow.
- Select Country and Timezone.
- Choose either a wired connection or a WiFi connection, enter your details, and press next.
- Press the “Activate” button on the screen and wait for the device to download the required apps.
- The system will ask you to register the device.
- Press the skip button on the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- DO NOT input information to this field.
- The setup is completed.
- Press the “Enter The System” button at the centre foreground of the screen.
- Please insert the printing paper. Press “OK” (you can add the paper later).
- When this screen is reached please visit portal.flipdish.com to connect the kiosk to your store.
Connecting the T2 Kiosk to your store via the Flipdish Portal
- Go to the Flipdish portal at Portal@flipdish.com
- Select the "Sales Channels" on the left of the screen.
- A sub-menu will dropdown.
- Select "Kiosks".
- Select "Add Kiosk" in the bottom right corner
- Name your Kiosk
- Select the store you would like it to be associated to
- Enter the pin that is currently displaying on the Kiosk Screen
- Click "Add Kiosk"
And that's it, your kiosk and store are connected.
Please note that "Collection" needs to be enabled on the store settings to receive Kiosk orders. For more information on how to enable "Collection", please click here.
Mounting and connecting the BBPOS Chipper card reader to T2 Kiosk
Mount for T2 Kiosk
Ensure the following parts are present:
- BBPOS Chipper Arm.
- BBPOS Chipper Holder.
- Two 3x10MM Screws.
- Remove the back casing of the T2 kiosk to expose 2 screw holes.
- Using a Phillips head screwdriver or flathead and the two 3x10mm Screws please secure the arm to the Kiosk.
- Attach the BBPOS Chipper holder to the BBPOS Chipper arm. They should slot in together.
- Stick the sticky pad to the back of the card reader which will increase it's stability once in the cradle
- Place the BBPOS Chipper into the cradle and attach the charging cable to the BBPOS Chipper.
Connecting the BBPOS Chipper card reader to the Kiosk via the Flipdish Portal
- Please place the BBPOS Chipper into the mount provided and plug the charging cable into the BBPOS Chipper.
- Once the charging cable is plugged into the BBPOS Chipper please plug the other end of the charging cable into the kiosk.
Power on the device
- Turn on the kiosk by pressing and holding the power button for 3 seconds. The power button for the kiosk is located below the USB port.
- Go to the Flipdish portal at portal.flipdish.com
- Select the "sales channel" on the left of the screen.
- A sub-menu will dropdown.
- Select "Kiosks".
- Select the Kiosk you want to connect the BBPOS Chipper card reader to.
- Scroll down until you see "card reader pairing mode".
- Select this option
- Once the card reader pairing mode has been selected.
- You will then be prompted to enable Bluetooth on your kiosk device.
- Select "ok"
- Once Bluetooth has been enabled please move to the kiosk.
- The kiosk will then prompt you to connect the card reader.
- Press "connect device".
- Once you have pressed "connect device" a new screen will appear.
- This screen will allow you to select the card reader you wish to connect to the kiosk.
- Please ensure to match the serial number on the screen with the serial number on the back of the card reader you want to connect.
- The BBPOS Chipper serial number will begin with CHB followed by 12 numbers
- Once the correct serial number has been selected.
- “Successfully connected” will appear on the screen.
- Please then close down this prompt and proceed with a test payment.
- After a successful test payment, you will be fully set up.
Add Printing paper
The kiosk uses Thermal Till paper rolls "80mm x 80mm x 12.7mm".
Release the clip on the side of the kiosk. Please see the image below.
The front end of the kiosk will fall down. Place the roll of printing paper into the kiosk. Please see the image below
Close the door and the printer will automatically cut the paper. Remove the waste paper. Please see the image below.
And that's it your Kiosk is now fully operational and ready to take orders.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enroll for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/