Sometimes orders may not reach Lightspeed and will cause them to automatically-reject on the Flipdish portal. There is no simple answer on why this is happening, but there are some things you can check yourself.
Flipdish is disconnected from Lightspeed
When Flipdish and Lightspeed are disconnected you won't be able to receive orders and update your menu. In order to see if your Lightspeed account is connected and to connect Lightspeed with Flipdish again please follow the below steps.
1. Navigate to the Flipdish Admin https://app.flipdish.com/ and login with your email and password you have to access the Flipdish portal.
2. On the left-hand side, click on your restaurant. When a menu opens up, click on "Manage"
3. Scroll down on the new page that opens and you will see a button called "CONNECT LIGHTSPEED". click this button.
4. You will be redirected to Lightspeed, please follow the steps. You will need your Lightspeed login details to connect Flipdish with Lightspeed. When you have multiple Lightspeed accounts please make sure to use the individual login details per location and not your Lightpseed master account login.
5. You are now connected and your integratation is working again. The "CONNECT LIGHTSPEED" button is now changed to "DISCONNECT LIGHTSPEED".
Another common reason is simply a connectivity issue. Make sure that your Lightspeed Lite Server and your Lightspeed POS are connected to the internet. The Lite Server light must be blue and not flickering. If it is off, you probably need to turn on your Lite Server, if it is flickering you can reset your Lite Server by pressing the reset button.
Manual added menu items
When you have added items to your Flipdish menu they are not synchronized with your Lightspeed POS. In this case Lightspeed will not accept the order and the order will be cancelled.
You can see in the "audit logs" section in the Flipdish Portal if there are any items added. Remove the items from your menu, add them to Lightspeed and update your menu. More about updating your menu from Lightspeed can be found in this article
Customer details have been changed on Lightspeed
If orders are rejected from a specific customer it might be the case that someone changed the customer details, in this case the customer has no First name or Last name. For Flipdish orders coming in the existing user will need to have a First name and Last name in Lightspeed. Flipdish automatically gives each new user a first and last name so this only happens when a change have been made to this user.
If you can't find the problem please contact our support team at email@example.com and have the order number and/or customer phone number ready, so we can look into this.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enrol for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/