Please note that you will still receive Flipdish orders even with your printer off - you need to follow the steps below to turn off the ability to place orders for specific times!
You can also use your Flipdish Terminal to go offline temporarily. Learn how to do it on the Flipdish Terminal here.
- Access to Flipdish Portal
- User role: Store Manager, Managed Owner, Store Owner, Owner
To disable online ordering for your store (collection or/and delivery services), follow the steps below:
- Login to Flipdish Portal.
- Click on the Stores option in the navigation bar on the left hand side.
- If you have multiple Store Groups, select the one where the Store you want to change settings for is located. If you have only one Store Group, you will be already in it.
- Click on the tile with the Store you want to change settings for.
- Click on the Store hour override option.
After following the steps above, you will see this screen:
Immediate store closure - quick close
If you need to close your stores immediately, you can use the top section of the screen called Quick close.
Click on the relevant button depending on which services you want to disable: Collection, Delivery or Collection and Delivery, and select the option for how long you wish to close the store for.
Before you select the time period for the quick store closure, you can also select the checkbox "Allow preorders while store is closed" to allow clients to make orders for the time after your closure time period will end. Please note that this option will only work if you have pre-orders enabled in the Preorder settings in the Store settings.
Once you add a temporary store closure, you will see a red bar on top of the screen indicating that your store is currently closed and when it will reopen. From this bar, you can also immediately reopen the store using REOPEN button.
Scheduled store closures
You can also close the store for longer periods by using the calendar underneath the Quick Close section.
In order to close the store on specific day or for a time period, click on the day that will start the closure period. This will open a popup, where you can configure the closing details:
In this popup, you can define the following:
- Open or close the store - select the relevant tab on top of the popup
- Specify service - you can choose if the store will be closed for Delivery or Collection, or both
- Specify dates - both start and end date; if you want to close the store for a single day, use the same date as start and end date
- Specify time - you can define the hour of the day the store will close and open on specified days
- Allow or disable pre-order during the closure on different services (delivery or collection) - please note that option will only work if you have enabled preorder in the Preorder settings in your Store settings.
Once you are happy with the settings, please press CLOSE STORE or OPEN STORE button in the bottom right corner of the popup. Once saved, the closure will appear in the calendar on relevant days with an indication, which service is closed:
To remove the store closure or opening, simply click on the box in the calendar - you will see the confirmation popup like this:
There is currently no way to edit store closure - you first need to remove previous setup, and add a new one.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enroll for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/