A step-by-step process for setting up your Flipdish WisePOS E Card Reader and dock with your Flipdish POS
Your Flipdish Wise POS E Card Reader allows you to process slicker, quicker payments with a wifi-connected card reader - a sleek and secure way to accept all major credit and debit cards.
A Flipdish WisePOS E Card Reader and dock for your Flipdish POS Front of House device.
Instructions for setup:
Step 1 - You should have received 2 boxes. One containing the charging case and charging cable and one containing the card reader, a battery and another charging cable
Step 2 - Remove both devices, battery and charging cables from their boxes.
Step 3 - Inspect the devices to ensure there is no damage. Please contact the Flipdish team at firstname.lastname@example.org if there is any damage to the devices or the box after arriving at your location.
Step 4 - Install the battery. With the back of the device facing you, lift up from the indentation at the bottom left corner to detach the back cover. Insert the battery by sliding it into the exposed slot with the gold connectors at the top aligned.
Step 5 - After the battery is in place, charge the reader by using an outlet or the POS system. Connect the reader to power by plugging the provided cable into the port with the lightning bolt symbol.
Step 6 - After the reader is fully charged, hold down the power button on the right-hand side until the screen turns on. After the device powers on, press the power button to sleep or wake the device. To fully power off the device, hold down the power button until the power off option is shown on the screen, then select it.
Step 7 - Go to settings, then select WiFi settings to choose the network and connect. Attempting to join a new network disconnects the reader from any existing wireless connection.
Please note the reader must connect to the same local network as your point of sale application.
Ethernet connectivity requires the use of the optional dock, which provides wired Ethernet connectivity and keeps your smart reader fully charged using the included charging cable. The Ethernet Dock features a 10/100 Ethernet port and rubber feet for stable countertop use.
To set up the dock:
Step 1 - Connect the Ethernet cable from your dock to your router.
Step 2 - Connect the dock to power.
Step 3 - When both cables are connected, insert the reader into the dock.
To confirm that the reader is properly docked, verify the reader is charging and the Ethernet icon is visible in the status bar.
Please note: The WisePOS E card reader prioritizes connecting through Ethernet if possible. Even if previously configured for WiFi, the reader switches to using an Ethernet connection when connected to the dock with a plugged-in Ethernet cable. If the reader is removed from the dock, it switches back to the WiFi connection.
Once you have connected the device to the internet
- Your device may need to be registered
- Swipe up on the POS screen to expose the menu options
- Press the 3 horizontal lines button and then the “x” to close the app
- Then open the Flipdish Point of Sale App on the home screen
- Click “Configuration Wizard” in the bottom right corner
- Click “Next”
- Click “Yes” when asked if you want to configure a new card reader
- Click “Next”
- Click “Next” again on the Open Settings, Enter Admin Pin, Choose network settings, connect to wifi, generate pairing code and register this reader screen
- Enter the pairing code you can see on the Card Reader’s screen
- “A card reader is already registered with this terminal” will show on the screen to confirm the card reader is connected. (The screen on the card reader will also change to the Flipdish Logo)
- Click “Next”
- Click “No” and then “Next” if asked to set up Caller ID
- Click “Finish” on the “Setup is complete” screen
- Click “OK” when asked to restart the POS app.
- Place a test card order to be sure it is working correctly.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enroll for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/