In this article, you will learn all about Order Statuses that your customer will see once they have placed their order.
Our Order Status functionality gives your customers up-to-date information regarding the status of their order, from the point they place their order, to when their order is fulfilled. This feature is available to all customers ordering via web, iOS or Android, and will be enabled by default in lieu of order confirmation SMSs.
When a customer places an order, they will immediately be brought to a page which will display the current status of their order, and update as the status of their order changes over time.
If a customer closes their browser window or their app, they will be able to access the status of their current order from the "Previous Orders" page available to them across web, iOS and Android.
Available to our customers who use our Web, iOS or Android channels to process orders.
What does the feature do:
- When a customer places an order, the status of their order will be displayed as "Awaiting confirmation"
- When the store accepts the order, the status will change to "Order accepted" and provide an ETA, assuming that the store is configured to do so.
- For collection orders: The order will transition to "Preparing order" 20 minutes before the ETA.
- For delivery orders: the order will transition to "Preparing order" 40 minutes before the ETA.
- Once the order has been delivered or collected, the order will transition to "Order complete", marking the final state for the order.
Benefits to your business
- To provide your customers with real-time status updates on their orders which will improve their ordering experience
- To reduce the volume of calls to your store from customers requesting information on their orders during busy service periods
What does it look like to customers?
We'll be providing you with further customizability in the near future so that you can add, remove or change the copy for any of the order statuses that will be displayed to your customers. You can find the API reference for the feature here.
Please note that this feature is currently in Beta, so endpoints, parameters, and responses may be subject to change ahead of general availability.
We'd love your feedback, so please feel free to reach out at email@example.com with suggestions, questions or advice on best practices.
To learn more about Flipdish’s products or how to grow your online business enrol for FREE in the Flipdish Academy here: http://academy.flipdish.com/